As we turn into an exciting year for Bonzai there are many events headed our way. This spring, CollabCon is hosting their first business and information technology conference that helps attendees discover creative and innovative business solutions through collaboration. Located at the Metro Toronto Convention Center, March 9th-11th, 2015, this collaborative conference brings together world class speakers talking about their areas of expertise. I am happy to announce this year I will be attending and speaking on “The Power of Search in SharePoint 2013” and “Secrets of Successful SharePoint Intranets”.
In my topic “The Power of Search in SharePoint 2013” we will discuss how the search capabilities in SharePoint 2013 provide a unique opportunity to help users find content but also target content to users based on job role, skill or any other attribute. The business value of being able to now present content in real time to users based on their needs can provide some amazing capabilities for Intranets, Knowledge Management, Collaboration and general search scenarios in SharePoint 2013.
We will discuss:
- Possible quick wins that search offers
- Selection of use cases and examples
- How to best leverage search to make a tangible impact in your organization
Be prepared to be amazed at how powerful these capabilities can be, but also find out the caveats involved in creating a search solution that works.
On Tuesday, March 10th at 4:00 pm in room 716A I will be speaking on “Secrets of Successful SharePoint Intranets”. In this talk we will discuss how creating an Intranet on SharePoint involves a unique combination of people, identifying business needs and leveraging the platform effectively. In this session, learn from the mistakes of other organizations as well as the practices that can deliver real results within a minimal investment.
We will discuss:
- Why the majority of SharePoint projects fail (Tip: It’s not the technology)
- Functional areas that SharePoint excels at and some of its weaknesses
- Why alignment between IT and business is a huge factor for success
- How to properly structure change management efforts
- Who you need on your team for a successful journey
- A range of SharePoint specific examples that can improve your SharePoint Intranet with a minimal investment
Join me as we delve into why SharePoint has been so successful but has yet under delivered its promises to many organizations through a combination of case studies, stories and personal experience. If you would like to register for this event (and you really should since I think that it will be great) please click here and be sure to enter PISAREK for 50% off your registration (yes 50% off!)
See you in Toronto at CollabCon!