...Drum roll please...
We're proud to say that Bonzai 1.5 has arrived and it marks our biggest release yet. As more and more Fortune 500 organizations begin to use Bonzai as their Digital Workplace of choice, our development team is focusing in on features that are needed for multi-national organizations. Features that truly unite knowledge workers in disparate time zones, offices and departments. With this release the biggest updates include:
- Overhaul of design for a modern look and feel
- New features to improve targeted communication flows
- Advances in search options and capabilities
- Opening of Bonzai's framework for an easier and faster way to develop your own business applications for SharePoint
- Mobile experience improvements that include lightening-speed-loading-pages and truly responsive imagery (yay! Because SharePoint is not quite there yet)
Your Digital Workplace (or intranet) is intended to speak to everyone, but there are many circumstances in which communication needs to flow only targeted audiences. With Bonzai 1.5, you can do just this, and we've made it super simple.
Bonzai Content Targeting allows you to target content to users based on attributes defined by administrators. This will allow you to choose the best way to present content to your knowledge workers by providing them with a fully dynamic content experience that can be customized to their information needs. We've made it so you can target content based on employee location, job title, job role and department. If you need to get even more granular, just let us know and we'll configure it for you.
We have added powerful new search capabilities to the Employee Directory that allow you to:
- Select more than a single value in a field to do an “OR” search
- Search across multiple fields using “AND” searches
- Select and remove multiple values with in the newly designed interface
- Save values and search terms you previously selected if navigating away from the page
Our Important Messages feature had some work done and it is now a web part!
What does this mean for you? You may now:
- Display important messages on any landing page of any site
- Show a different message in each individual Important Message web part
- Display an Important Message in any zone of a landing page and save on real estate
- Target messages to only audiences it applies to
People Listing Web Part
Say hello to our newest addition: the People Listing Web Part. Also knows as the Contacts Web Part. You may now easily add contacts to any landing page so users can easily navigate to the contact information and social profiles of those relevant to the site page.
News Roll Up Web Part
The News Roll Up Web Part now displays content in a much more eye catching way. Social features are now more apparent
Events Roll Up Web Part
The look and feel of the Events Roll Up Web part has also changed to a more eye-catching design, but the information displayed remains the same. With more emphasis on the date its easier to see exactly what date and event is on.
Featured News Slider
The Featured News Slider also got a nice face lift—it now has a cleaner look. You also have additional options such as removing the overlay, different kinds of transition displays and timing of the transition.
The new weather widget is absolutely beautiful. It now displays five days of forecast, your location of choice, and the current temperature outside.
Hello, maximum number of attendees! You can now set a limit to the number of attendees for an event to create the illusion (or not) of scarcity. Once all spots have been taken, registrants can be added to a wait list.
Likes are more apparent than ever
Now when you like a page you can see that you have liked it much more clearly as once clicked, the button fills in.